Maintenance of the hygienic state of the skin under optimal conditions of cleanliness and comfort. Effective in skin care are proper washing, bathing, cleansing, and the use of soaps, detergents, oils, etc. In various disease states, therapeutic and protective solutions and ointments are useful. The care of the skin is particularly important in various occupations, in exposure to sunlight, in neonates, and in decubitus ulcer.
Daily Skin Care:
Skin is not a part of the body that you can forget about, assuming that it will look after itself. It is a high-maintenance part of your body, which is sensitive to the slightest changes in your health, emotions and environment. You binge on chocolates and your face becomes a mass of pimples; you don’t get a good night’s sleep and dark circles appear under your eyes; you’re out in the sun a lot and you get burnt or develop freckles. The list is endless. So let’s take a look at skin care regimes for different kinds of skin.
Use a rich cream cleanser instead of soap and water. Avoid astringents, as they will further dry your skin. Instead, use a mild skin toner after cleansing your skin. Apply a good moisturizing lotion in the day, before sleeping, before applying make-up and after removing make-up.
Once a week, wash your face with the juice of a melon. You can give yourself a weekly facial by mixing a yolk of an egg with two tablespoons of milk and half a tablespoon of honey. Apply this on your face and leave it on for about fifteen minutes. Then wash with lukewarm water. If you’re out in the sun a lot, milk mixed with melted butter helps soften the dry skin.Lanolin, apple juice, peach juice, sour cream and crushed almonds are also helpful for dry skin.
You may not believe it, but oily skin actually has some advantages. As a result of excess lubrication, wrinkles do not form prematurely and skin is not much affected by wind and sunlight. However, oily skin is a magnet for dirt and grime and thus a good and regular cleansing regime is a must. If oily skin is not cleaned thoroughly and regularly, the dirt will clog the pores in the skin and blackheads will appear.
People with oily skin should wash their faces with medicated soap and water. The use of astringents is advised as they have a tightening and drying effect on the skin. Buttermilk or beaten egg whites also have a drying and tightening effect. Parsley juice mixed with honey and a few drops of lemon or ginger is good for an oily skin. This mixture controls the secretion of oil.Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti), oatmeal, almond paste, or lime juice or vinegar mixed with water are excellent cleansers. Steaming opens up the clogged pores and you can push out blackheads and whiteheads and prevent pimples.Avoid rich fried foods and load up on green vegetables instead. Take two tablespoons of lecithin granules (a by-product of soyabeans) daily.After washing your face, soak a towel in hot water and press it to your face. Repeat this process two or three times. Next wet the towel in ice-cold water and repeat the process two or three times to close enlarged pores.Cucumber, parsley, cabbage, tomato, yoghurt and lemon are natural aids for an oily skin.
If you have an oily nose and forehead, but dry cheeks and chin, you will have to treat each area of your face separately depending on whether it is dry or oily.
Skin Care Tips:
These are skin care fruites.
- Cauliflower juice applied on warts regularly will make them fall.
- For a fair skin, try this natural bleach. Mix orange peels (sun dried and powdered) with milk. Apply this paste for 25 minutes and wash off.
- Mix half teaspoon dried curry leaf powder with multani mitti (fullers earth) and apply on the face. Wash it after it gets dry.
- Apply the mixture of tomato juice and honey on the face and neck , wash it after 15 minutes.
- Apply the mixture of carrot juice and basin. Leave it till it dries and wash the face.
- Add two teaspoon of tomato juice with 4 teaspoon of curd and apply on the face.
- Add a pinch of yeast with 2 teaspoon of cabbage juice and apply.
- Mix 1 table spoon of barley powder with half teaspoon of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply it on the face and wash after 20 minutes.
- Mix pineapple juice and carrot juice together and apply it on the face and wash it after 15 minutes.
- Mix vinegar and rose water in equal quantities and apply.
- Mix curd and cucumber juice and apply it on the face.
- Apply the mixture of coconut water and thick pineapple juice.
- Make a paste with 1/2 teaspoon of milk powder, 1/4 teaspoon of egg white and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and apply on the face.
- For dry skin, Make a paste with egg yolk, olive oil and lemon juice. Apply it on the neck and face, wash it out after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, take a mixture of oatmeal and egg white and apply it on the neck and face.
- For glowing skin, use basin or green gram powder mixed with milk instead of soap.
- Apply the mixture of raw turmeric and cream of milk on the face and wash it after 20 minutes. It will make your skin fair.
- Apply the mixture of oney, basin, cream of milk and olive oil as a face pack.
- Apply the paste of fenugreek with milk on the face and let it dry. Wash off with luke warm water.
- Make a paste of red sandal wood and apply it on the face every day for glowing skin.
- Make a paste with red sandal powder and coconut milk and apply on the face for soft skin.
- A facemask of egg white and honey gently removes the tan from your face.
- Mix oats with honey, yogurt and ground almonds. Apply this in your face, leave it for five minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber is a natural cleanser. Mix cucumber juice with milk and use it instead of a cleanser.
- Take 1/3-cup cocoa, three teaspoons of heavy cream, 1/3-cup ripe papaya, 1/4-cup honey and three teaspoons of oatmeal powder. Mix it all together. Apply on your face. After 10 minutes, wash your face with warm water. This is best for oily skin.
- For oily skin, apply a mixture of grapes, lemon and egg white. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. While lemon acts as a natural cleanser, grapes will soften your skin and egg whites will tighten it. Don’t be alarmed if your skin tingles.
- Cut the lemon and rub the wedge all over your face. Leave it for about 20 minutes, then rinse off with cold water. This will refresh your face. Avoid doing this if you have dry skin.
- Mix honey, lemon and vegetable oil .This mixture is a good moisturiser for dry skin. Apply this mask for 10 minutes. Apply the mixture of honey and milk on the face . This will make your skin glow.
- Prepare a mask by mixing a slice of pumpkin with egg yolk and milk. Let this mask set on your face for 30 minutes for a glowing skin. Mix alf-a-cup honey to your bath water for soft and smooth skin.
- For a soothing body pack, prepare a paste of mint leaves and almonds. Mix it with warm water and apply all over your body. Leave it till it dries and rinse with warm water.
- Buttermilk dabbed on skin for 15 minutes will soak up oil from your skin without drying it. Carrot juice applied daily fades blemishes.
For dark underarms and neck apply lemon juice mixed with cucumber juice and a pinch of turmeric daily. Leave this on for 20 minutes.
- For removing facial hair.. Apply a sticky paste of egg white blended with sugar and corn flour. When it dries, gently peel it off. Repeat this three to four times a week.
- Thin apple slices rubbed onto oily skin will help in controlling oily shine. For supple skin, apply a ripe smashed banana on your face for 20 minutes daily Make a paste with mehndi and oil and apply on the face.
For Black spots on the skin:
- Make a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and glycerin and apply it on the spots.
- Apply the paste of turmeric and curry leaves on the face and wash it after 15 minutes.
- Apply a mixture of mehndi and turmeric. For a piece of turmeric, 2-3 leaves of mehndi are used.
- Grind dried basil leaf, neem and mint (100 gm each). Add some turmeric powder and rose water to make it in a paste form and apply it on the spots.
- Grind betel leaf and add a little coconut oil and apply it on the spots.
- Soak a chappathi in milk overnight . Make it into a paste and apply it on black heads. Repeat for several days.
- Make a paste of saffron and add some honey , apply it on the face to remove black spots.
- To remove black spots… apply a paste of turmeric and basil.
- To remove wrinkles on the face, apply a mixture of sandalwood powder, rosewater and glycerin. Wash with cold water after some time.
- Apply a mixture of turmeric and neem on the face .
- A mixture of crushed mint leaves and oats will reduce pimples. Leave this for 20 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Mix thick curd, turmeric and two drops of oil. Apply on the face.
- Crush garlic and take the juice and apply it on the face daily to reduce pimples.
- Make a paste with sandal wood and turmeric and apply it on the face.
Skin Care Creams:
Natural skincare cream thateradicates acne, redness, spots, tightens sagging skin,zaps away wrinkles and sun spots, stretch marks and cellulite–even scars that you have lived with a long time–while uncovering youthful, soft, and dewy skin?